Clicky

Forum Home Page » Recordings

Recording methods!

• 2 posts
    December 21, 2015 12:09 AM CST

Hello to all members

We would like to hear from any members that have a good method for recording the pedal steel! I myself use

Presonus Studio One recording sofware and a Focusrite saffire 6 interface. I can take a line from my volume pedal

in to the interface and record direct in useing no amp. After recording i do a bit of EQ and Reverb and Compression.

This method works quite well as there are no noises from a microphone etc. If you have a good way to record

please let us know your thoughts!

Wayne Loucks

• 1 posts
    May 13, 2016 2:32 PM CDT

I guess I get by cheap but do get good sounds. I use Audacity and a 4 channel mixer from Berringer. I take the record output from my amp into the mixer for volume settings only. I take the RCA

output Jacks to line in on my computer sound card. I load a track into Audacity and record with my steel on the other tracks. Maybe just about 16 bars on one record line to be happy with it first then record some more parts on the other lines. If I am happy, I mix all that by exporting all lines to a MP3 file on the computer.

• 2 posts
    May 16, 2016 9:29 PM CDT

I come directly out of a Presonus Studio Channel and into a Zoom R8.  I usually add a little delay and reverb there.  After I have 

a master complete then I transfer the song to my my computer and master the master with Adobe Audition.  This works great.

The Zoom R8 is one of the best recorders that I have ever used. Very simple , packed with effects { good ones } High Def Audio

selectable and very portable.

• 4 posts
    November 12, 2016 11:25 AM CST

I have Prosonus and am Just getting Started, and would like to know what drum & rthym sounds to use to accompany the steel guitar 

or can you record from a disk player backing tracks. and do you have to invest in the material for room ambience

• 2 posts
    November 13, 2016 2:16 PM CST

Russell Dudley said:

I have Prosonus and am Just getting Started, and would like to know what drum & rthym sounds to use to accompany the steel guitar 

or can you record from a disk player backing tracks. and do you have to invest in the material for room ambience

Russell;

I use several methods for drums.  

1. Dr-880 by Boss is a great machine. You can add ambience/reverb etc 

2. Band in a Box real Drums are also very good when saved as a wav file.

3. Zoom R8 recorder drums - they have a live mode for the drums that are great.

As far as recording from your disk player , yes you can and you shouldnt have to add any material for your ambience.

for other drum tracks I would add some room reverb and filter out as much as you can off the low end.

The software that I use is ; Adobe Audition - Guitar Pro Tracks - Qbase - Band in a BOx -